Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Showered With Love

Last Sunday I attended my girl friends baby shower and it was such a lovely day. It was held at Morley Field in San Diego and theme was vintage meets Moroccan. It was a beautiful sunny day that turned into a little misty drizzle but that didn't stop the fun. We cuddled together on the floral blankets and pillows under the orange & white canopy and kept the party going. They say when it rains on your wedding day it's good luck and will bring the couple good fortune. Well I'm sure if a rain shower falls on your baby shower the luck is remarkable. I think this couple will have lots of luck with their new baby boy that is on his way. They are already blessed with a stunning little girl and this day was grand.
A couple of my girl friends were in charge of the decor & ambiance and did an amazing job.
I loved these paper eyelet lanterns from The Wholesale Flower Market. Sweet touch.
Lets start with some fresh squeezed lemonade shall we?Blue Hydrangea flowers to represent a baby boy with Baby's Breath and a hint of yellow in mason jars were lined on all the tables.French macaroons and mini cupcakes.A little touch of baby with these alphabet blocks. I wonder what his name will be?I love the animal cookies in these chic leopard print bowls. Lets keep it classy kids. Can we talk about this delightful home made cake? I think it was 4 layers with a butter-cream-cheese-frosting, layered with fresh strawberries, and all I know was it was delicious and a show stopper. Glad I know the lovely lady who made it...hint hint...winkThese mini tomato sandwiches with pesto aioli and basil were scrumptious. The bread soft, the tomato fresh and crunchy, and the aioli creamy. I think I had 3?
Shhhh lets keep that a secret
.I made 3 salads for the guests to enjoy.Pasta Salad with Spinach, Pesto, & PeasTomato Feta Arugula Salad with a Fresh Herb Champagne VinaigretteTarragon Chicken Salad with Grapes, Celery & a dash of fresh Lemon Juice
If you are interested in any of the recipes above don't hesitate to contact me here.
As you can see, it was a lovely day and
I wish Cozette, Gio, and Sofia the best of luck with their new addition coming this October. I am so glad I got to participate in showering them with love.


No comments:

Post a Comment