Thursday, June 9, 2011

Blue Ribbon Artisan Pizzeria

Located in the heart of Encinitas this neighborhood pizzeria is hopping. I tried to go one time before and it was over an hour wait. Being 8:00 at night and starving we opted to leave and come back another night. It was a hard decision to make since I live in central San Diego and it's not just a hop, skip, and a jump to get to Encinitas.
I went back a couple weeks later last Friday night. This time early and ready to wait any amount of time for a table. Let me tell you. It is worth the wait.
Now the only thing this place is lacking is the seating since the restaurant is not the largest in size. But it didn't matter how close we were sitting to our neighbors because the view of what they had on their tables in front of them left us salivating and wanting everything!
Everything on the
menu looked so appealing. It's a simple menu but the ingredients are of the highest of quality, sustainable, organic and local. Pretty much my kind of place.
Some Appetizers include:

Fresh Burrata with EVOO, Sea Salt, and Organic Arugula
Albacore Tuna Crudo with Hass Avocado, Ruby Grapefruit and Lemon Olive Oil
Whipped Laura Chenel Goat Cheese with Brandied Apricots, Pickled Fennel & Toast
I mean really? The list goes on.
We started with the special Appetizer that evening which was highly recommended by our waiter.


Olive Oil Poached White Mexican Prawn Salad with Heirloom Zucchini Ribbons, Cherry Tomatoes, Easter Egg Radish & Sweet Lemon Vinaigrette.

Okay first of all this salad needs to be permanently on the menu. It was incredible, so fresh and we thought the zucchini ribbons were actually pasta. Simply amazing!
Now for the traditional wood fire artisan Pizza's. I really wish more then two of us were dining that night because we seriously wanted to try every pizza on the menu. We even asked if they could do half of one kind pizza and half of another kind of pizza. Not an option though. I can't wait to go back with more people and try a few different pies. Their dough undergoes a 3 day fermentation process and is fired in a true wood burning oven. The fennel sausage is house-made from sustainable berk-shire pork. Their mozzarella is hand-stretched daily in house.
Some that stood out included.
My Fathers - tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, fennel sausage, pepperoni, red onion
Signature - EVOO, fresh mozzarella, ricotta, lemon zest, red onion & basil
Staffs Favorite - tomato sauce, sausage, heavy creme, parmigiano reggiano, & basil
My mouth is watering! Is yours?
We ordered


The "Red" or "White" Oak - mozzarella, ricotta, la quercia prosciutto & arugula.
We ordered it "Red" with red sauce and it was superior. You could taste how fresh all the ingredients were and the ricotta was soft, smooth, and my favorite topping on this pizza. I even got caught "Red" handed stealing it off other pieces of pizza. I love that they use fresh mozzarella. It makes such a difference and this was for sure a 1St Place Blue Ribbon Pizza.
Another blue ribbon winner was the dessert. The Homemade Butterscotch Pudding served out of a jar with a salted caramel sauce and fresh whipped cream. The scotch goodness was simply delightful. Salty & sweet is my kind of dessert as I am not a huge dessert person but this is one I will have to order every time I go back. No wonder the table of 2 next to us each got their own puddings. Who would ever want to share such a decadent jar of love & sweetness?
Well Blue Ribbon Pizza has won first place in my heart, and I know it will win first place in your heart too. Just be patient....it's worth the wait.
Blue Ribbon Artisan Pizzeria
897 So. Coast Hwy 101 Suite F102
Encinitas, CA. 92024
760.634.7671


No comments:

Post a Comment