Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunday Balance

Wow its been a while since I have written. My life has been super busy since my recent return from Georgia. I came home to my nephews who were here for 2 weeks from Colorado. There was no time for me but only time to play with them. On top of that I have been catching up with work, friends, family, and school which is ending this Thursday. This was the first weekend I was able to catch up with myself and it has been so nice. Thus the reason I am able to finally write. Once class is over this week I should be able to get on a normal consistent pattern to bring you everything tasty I encounter.
I have been wanting to go to my favorite farmers market in Hillcrest since my return from my southern sojourn and start my journey and devotion to a new local-good-clean life. I was able to go today and it was awesome. I purchased my first pasture raised whole chicken from Spur Valley Ranch located in San Diego. When I got home I seasoned it with salt, pepper, and my own fresh thyme that I am growing. I plan to roast it this week. I can't wait.
I also purchased my first pasture raised eggs from Womach Ranch Farms which I will use for my breakfasts this week.Some beautiful baby daisy's to brighten up my house.Beautiful fresh organic dill for my Wild Alaskan Salmon Salad which I am making for my lunches this week. It is made with non-fat plain yogurt, non-fat mayo, dijon mustard, fresh dill, lemon juice, capers and caper juice. I tried some for lunch on top of peppery arugula and it was so light and so good.
Wild Alaskan Salmon Salad with Dill & Capers
1 pound wild Alaskan salmon fillets roasted with salt, pepper, lemon juice & olive oil
1/2 cup non fat mayo
1/2 cup non fat plain yogurt
2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
1 tablespoon capers and a little juice
1/2 fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
salt & pepper to taste
Roast salmon at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, set aside to cool, and mash with forkWhisk all other ingredients together and add it to the salmon. Season with salt & pepper.It's all about getting balanced before the hectic week starts which is filled with work, business plan projects and finals. I think I am finally getting there. I hope your Sunday is balanced and you are taking the day for yourself before the busy week starts.
Have a great week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment