Monday, February 7, 2011

Deep Dish

I just got back from Chicago and the one and only meal I cared about eating was Chicago deep dish pizza. The question was where to get it from and I left it up to my local friends to steer me in the right direction. They did just that.
We ordered a deep dish pizza from Lou Malnati's. Lou Malnati's pizza is not only rich in history but very rich in flavor. Lou Malnati's got his first job at Chicago pizzeria in 1940. He took all he learned and in 1971 opened up his first location in Chicago. Now the family owned business has over 31 locations.
Every pizza is hand made from scratch with the freshest ingredients. The Malnati team hand picks the finest vine ripened California tomatoes every year for the perfect sweet and tangy taste. The fresh mozzarella cheese comes from the same dairy that has been supplying Lou Malniti's for 40 years. The fresh flaky buttery crust is a family recipe that has been passed down from generation to generation.When our pizza came delivered and we opened the box it was steaming hot. I mean piping hot. Usually when I order pizza for delivery its totally cold by the time I get it. Not this pizza. Straight out of the oven to our door. And to top it off it was was 7 degrees outside. How the heck did they manage to keep it so hot!?!We ordered The "Lou". Fresh spinach, mushroom, sliced tomatoes, covered with a blend of mozzarella, cheddar, and romano cheese. It was delicious! The toppings where flavorful, the cheese was not greasy, and the crust was buttery & flaky.
Living in California I don't have too wait to long to have my next Lou Malnati's pizza. You can order it frozen to be delivered to your home from The Taste Of Chicago. Just bake it in your own oven and get it as hot if not hotter then I got it in Chicago. I just might have to do that sooner then later.
Lou Malnati's


2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the wonderful blog! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your deep dish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you saw the post! Not sure how it got to you but awesome! I really enjoyed my deep dish!

    ReplyDelete