Monday, December 19, 2011

TDF 's Top 5 Sweet & Savory Gifts

Tis the season for eating and I have been doing a little too much of it the last week.
Holiday parties, the cold weather, and it doesn't help that I am working at a cheese shop and constantly snacking on the best cheeses in the world. I am being exposed to amazing condiments, chocolates, and snacks. I have discovered some of my favorite holiday treats and even though its a little late I know there are some last minute shoppers searching for the perfect gift. Well look no more! Not only are these decadent delights great gifts but a must to have in your own kitchen too.
Enjoy, and go out and get-em now!
NUMBER 1
Chocopologie's Burnt Caramel & Hawaiian Sea Salt chocolate Bar by Knipschildt Chocolatier.This the the best chocolate bar I have ever had. The sweet caramel that oozes out of every square and crisp crystals of salt every so often really give your mouth a roller-coaster-of-a- ride.
NUMBER 2
The next best thing on my list is White Truffle Honey. Yep, sweet sticky honey with truffles. It is an fantastic appetizer. I brought it to a holiday party last night and served it with a German blue cheese Cambozola Black Label (one of the hosts was from Germany), a drizzle of truffle honey and a fresh baguette.
It is also fantastic drizzled on vanilla ice creme or aside a bread pudding. If you know a real foodie get them this. They will be thanking you forever.
NUMBER 3
My next favorite treat is made by The Girl + The Fig in Sonoma, Ca. It is their Apple Raisin, Fig Mustardo. It is made with 2 kinds of raisins, apples, figs and toasted mustard seeds and seasoned with flavors of ginger, rosemary, Cinnamon and coriander. It is amazing on a grilled cheese sandwich (my discovery at work) or serve it a top a roasted pork tenderloin. The options are endless with this one. You should also try their Red Onion Confit. Its sitting in my pantry waiting for the perfect turkey and cheese sandwich.
NUMBER 4
Wabash Valley Farms Amish Country Baby White PopcornI bought this popcorn at World Market and no other popcorn has compared since. I pop it fresh with a little olive oil in a pot and drizzle melted butter and salt on top of it. It is simply the best.
NUMBER 4.5
This one kind of ties into number 4.
Truffle SaltSprinkle this rich salt on popcorn, ricotta cheese atop a crispy baguette or burrata cheese.
Delightful in every way.
NUMBER 5
And the fifth sweet and savory gift is my new favorite cheese. Prima Donna. This cows milk cheese is from Holland and has the sweetness of parmigiano and nuttiness of Gruyere. Also a great melter for a grilled cheese sandwich. Every person that tries it loves it.

So that sums it up. Off to work out now because tomorrow begins the Festival Of Lights. Nothing like fried latkes.
I wish you a Sweet and Savory Holiday Season.





No comments:

Post a Comment