Thursday, October 6, 2011

Le Magnifique Cafe Madeleine

French food is the game and Cafe Madeleine is her name. This french cafe located in South Park is serving up Illy coffee, tea, pastries, crepes, salads and panini's. This is one of my new favorite spots for breakfast and lunch. No wifi here folks. Its a different kind of cafe. How bout a crepe with chocolate & banana? Or the prosciutto crepe with bechamel, emmenthal cheese, tomato & olives. Or make that into a panini? Or maybe a salad with arugula, walnut, pear, blue cheese, and chicken dressed in a pear balsamic vinaigrette?
Croque Monsieur? Or make it a Madame and add an egg?The first time I went I had the ham panini with Dijon mustard, emmenthal cheese, and tomato. It was heaven. This last time I went I had the much anticipated breakfast panini. My father had it last time I went I told myself when I go back I am having that. I did and I want to go back for it again. The bread is toasty and crisp and filled with a little mayo, Swiss cheese, bacon, arugula and an egg. You would think this would be a thick breakfast sandwich but it is as thin as can be. One of the reasons I love it so much.The cafe itself is really small with some seating inside and a handful of tables outside. Don't let the fact that they have no prep area or a real kitchen steer you out of there. Good thing is they own Vagabond around the corner where they can do most of their prep work! Some of the best meals come out of a small kitchen. Believe me I know. (wink wink)

Word is more Cafe M's are in the works to pop up around San Diego. I hope one near me soon!
M = Magnifique Madeleine!
Cafe Madeleine
2248 30th St. (between Ivy & Juniper)
San Diego


No comments:

Post a Comment