Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Healthy Curried Chicken Salad

I'm so glad its Wednesday. I swear the weekend can't come fast enough for me. I have been trying to eat really healthy all week and prepare all my meals at home. Last week was kind of nightmare in the planning ahead department and I ate really poorly. But not this week. 2 trips to the grocery store so far is keeping my healthy at home eating habits in check.
I picked up an organic rotisserie chicken from Wholefoods on Sunday and to my disappointment it was dry and had no flavor. I think someone forgot to add salt into the mix. Not the norm from what I usually experience with Wholefoods rotisserie chickens. I seriously can't eat it plain and it doesn't even taste good thrown into a salad covered with dressing. I didn't want to let the $12.00 organic chicken go to waste so with one breast left on it it and all the dark meat I decided give this chicken some moisture it's been asking for and make a Healthy Curried Chicken Salad for the rest of my lunches this week. I learned this recipe in my healthy cuisine class last semester and I make it from time to time. I just love it and I think you will too.
It is great served atop baby greens or inside a wrap. Tomorrow I plan to wrap it inside butter lettuce leaves. Curried Chicken Wraps! YUM! I'm super excited for my lunch tomorrow and super excited tomorrow is Thursday!
Healthy Curried Chicken Salad

Meat of 1 roasted chicken shredded or 3 roasted chicken breasts chopped
1 red bell pepper diced
2 green onions thinly sliced
1 carrot diced
1 handful of yellow raisins / or try chopped mango
1 handful of slivered almonds
1/2 cup non-fat plain yogurt
1/4 cup non-fat mayonnaise
2 T curry Powder (add more if needed)
pinch of cayenne pepper
1 T Lime Juice
Salt & Pepper to taste
Combine yogurt, mayo, curry, cayenne pepper and lime juice in a small bowl. Let sit in refrigerator while preparing chicken. Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl, pour curry dressing atop and mix thoroughly. Season with salt & pepper.I saved my $12 rotisserie chicken, my money by avoiding take out, and my waistline!
It's almost Friday!
Whooohoooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment