Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Holiday Cookie Monster

The Holiday's are here and if this isn't the time of year for baking cookies then I don't know what is.
I think anyone who loves food and sweets gains the holiday 5 pound muffin top this time of year...some of you maybe more some of you maybe less? I am carefully trying to not let mine get to out of control, but hey its the one time of year where we get to indulge so why not do it right and enjoy it. The new year is coming and there is plenty of time to work it off before bikini season. So make sure you enjoy this time of year and eat, drink, be merry & bake cookies. Lots of them.
If you are looking for some amazing holiday cookie recipes then look no more. Here are some from my favorite blogs that I follow.
Sparkling Ginger Snap Cookies

These tiny bit size cookies by 101 Cookbooks are made with 2 kinds of ginger and shaved chocolate. Also you can mix them by hand so no need to dirty your mixer. You can read more about them and find the recipe here.
Swedish Rye Cookies


These not-to-sweet shortbread cookies are powder-kissed with confectioners sugar and made with a blend of rye and whole wheat pastry flour. (which can be substituted for unbleached all-purpose flour if you prefer). The secret ingredient is a butter / cream cheese combination for the dough rather then just butter. Her inspiration for that was the love of toasted rye bread with cream cheese. Not a bad combo. Another one by 101 Cookbooks. You can read more here.
Ice Cream Cones & Santa Sugar Cookies

These cookies from Bakerella are so cute I had to share them with you. If you bake then I am sure you have made sugar cookies before. She used a chocolate sugar cook recipe from the book Cookie Craft but you can probably just look one up on-line. To see how to decorate them and learn more click here.

She even included a PDF that you can download and use a template for those who of us who art not artistic.
All you need is one cookie cutter in the shape of an ice cream cone.

Flip it over and its a Santa. Love!


Pistachio Meringues

I wish I had a box of these meringues by Chocolate Shavings right now. To see the recipe click here.
Also found on Chocolate Shavings is this next recipe adapted by Giada De Laurentiis.
Ricotta Lemon Cookies with Lemon Glaze

The ricotta keeps the cookies moist, them lemon give them a a little sour punch and the sweetness of the glaze is the perfect combination for me. They are on the top of my list to make this holiday season.
Click here to see the whole recipe.
Coconut Chocolate Bars

I don't think I fulfilled & satisfied all the chocolate lovers so I had to add one more.
These bars also by Chocolate Shavings look to die for. Who doesn't like toasted coconut and chocolate. Another amazing combination. You can see the recipe here on Chocolate Shavings.

Embrace the Holiday Cookie Monster in you. I know I am.
Happy Holiday's

No comments:

Post a Comment