Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cueva Bar

Cueva Bar just opened last Saturday in University Heights and its only a few blocks away from my house. Hallelujah! If you don't live in the area this is a great tiny, quaint, new restaurant & bar that you should visit. Once they get their liquor license this place will be rocking and rolling. They will be serving wines from Spanish speaking countries and Portugal. Also they will have 6 local california micro brews on tap. They will also serve bottles of handpicked artisan beers from around the US and world.
The ambiance is nice and I love the space they picked. It could be a little darker in there with maybe some candles to give it that cave like ambiance. After all Cueva means cave in Spanish... but I have to give this place a break as they opened up 4 days ago.
One thing I don't have to give them a break on is the food. It was delicious. They serve Argentinian Tapas and they are fantastic. You can check out the full menu here.
We started with the Pita Bread & Veggie Plate served with hummus & guacamole. The pita bread was served piping hot and is baked when you order it. I have never had such fresh pita bread before. The guacamole was really good too. I like my guac with chips but this pita is so fresh you can dip it in just about anything and it will taste good. Who would of known? Loved it!
We also had both of the two salads offered.
Spinach with apples & cherries served with an apple cider vinaigrette and Mixed Greens served with blue cheese hazelnuts served with an apricot vinaigrette. If I had to pick my favorite I would say the Mixed Greens did it for me.
We ordered the special Guela Patty's Potato Soup which is a family recipe of the Owner & Chef Osvaldo Blackaller. It was so good! It was thick, hearty, and had a peppery kick to it. It was the favorite of the evening. Oh and they served it with some more fresh hot pita bread. Got to love that!We also ordered the Chicken Empanadas & Beef Empanadas. They were gold and toasty on the outside and the inside filling was generous, flavorful and juicy. Delicious! They were served with a homemade chimichurri that I couldn't get enough of.
One of the items I didn't get to try was one of the flat breads. I noticed the table next to ours getting theirs and was so jealous. We were just to full to eat anymore. Its all good though, now I have something to go back for.
Cueva Bar
2123 Adams Ave. San Diego CA. 92116
619-876-0785




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info, we have been waiting for this place to open, sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome! Love the name of your blog! I will check it out!

    ReplyDelete