Tuesday, June 8, 2010

5 Napkin Burger

Need I say anymore. My first stop in New York last week was 5 Napkin Burger. When my friend suggested burgers for dinner I told her I was really in the mood for sushi. Her reply to me was "They have sushi." I responded "Burgers & Sushi? This is a place I have to check out!"
The restaurants decor is upscale and you would not think the specialty at 5 Napkin is burgers.Why is it called 5 Napkin Burger? Because this burger is so juicy that you literally need 5 Napkins to eat it. Hands down this is by far the best burger I ever had & the juiciest.
The Original 5Napkin is what I ordered and the name says it all. 10 oz. fresh ground chuck, Gruyere cheese, caramelized onions & rosemary aioli on a soft white roll. Yes and I finished the whole thing to my friends surprise who are regulars to this treasure of NYC.
The other burgers on the menu looked fantastic.
Cheddar Bacon - 10 oz chuck, sharp cheddar, raw onion, lettuce tomato on a soft white roll
Italian Turkey - melted mozzarella cheese, spicy tomato sauce, vinegar peppers on a sesame egg roll
Ahi Tuna - marinated in ginger, scallions, and soy, served with wasabi mayo, tempura fried onions on a sesame egg roll
Inside Out - 10 oz chuck, house made pickles, tomatoes & wrapped in lettuce served with 5N sauce
Lamb Kofta - chopped tomato, cucumber, pepper & onion salad, tahini sauce served on a soft white roll
5Napkin Veggie - house made with 5N sauce (kind of like a thousand island), pickles, lettuce, tomatoes on a multi grain roll
Not in the mood for a burger? 5 Napkin Burger will fill just about anyone's cravings. Check out the full menu here. I could of gone just for the sushi alone. It was amazing! Also the Hells Kitchen Wings (green tomato and pineapple ketchup) are a must (do not pass this item up). They also have a wide variety of entrees & salads to choose from as well which look amazing. Make sure you save room for one of the Shakes or Floats on the menu. We had the Black & White Malted and it was divine! Oh and I can't forget they have over 100 different kinds of wines, 55 different types of beers, and specialty drinks to choose from too.
5 Napkin will be my traditional first stop every time I am in the city from now on. I really don't know how I will ever eat another burger again. I am now spoiled and no other burger will ever compare. Until my next visit 5 Napkin...for now I will see you in my dreams and pray for a West Coast location!
Hells Kitchen - 630 9th Ave. @ 45th Street
&
Upper West Side - 2315 Broadway @ 84th Street



No comments:

Post a Comment